Glass tiles are beautiful in your bathroom. The shiny glimmer is brilliant, and the style is a good addition to any living space. Designers typically use white tiles or even mosaic tiles, depending on the preference of the owner. The issue is how to keep them as beautiful as they can be.
This is why having tile cleaning service is important. However, if you have a problem accessing such service, here are a few ways you can take care of your tiles on your own:
- The idea is to maintain their shine and show off the colour and design they originally had. Keep in mind that grime and filth should always be removed immediately, be it through mopping or using a soft cloth.
- The problem is dirt, dust, mud, and grime have crystalline material in them that can scratch the surface. The typical requirements that any of the tile cleaning services use is a non-abrasive commercial cleaner of your choice, a soft mop, and a way to rinse the surface like a bucket of water or a hose.
- Spray the cleaner according to package directions. Let it sit for a few minutes to seep deep into the surface and start a chemical reaction with the particles. After letting it sit, use the mop to move the liquid around and create suds. It breaks down any of the looser surface material off and let the cleaner go in deeper, especially in the grout.
- While the non-porous parts are safe from issues like mould and mildew, grout requires deeper cleaning. This would require you to use some materials like baking soda, vinegar, and a grout brush. If you don’t have access to a grout brush that tile cleaning services use, then an old toothbrush works, too.
- Spray the vinegar along with the grout lines in a 1:1 water solution. After generous sprays, let it sit and start brushing the grout and rinse with warm water. If the grout is still dark, make a baking soda and water paste.
- While still wet with the vinegar solution, start working the grout with the paste-dipped brush. This process creates a chemical reaction between the acidic vinegar and the basic baking soda, creating minor heat that cuts into the grout’s dark grime.
Now, if you find it difficult to squeeze in this backbreaking task into your daily routine, don’t worry. Our company provides top-notch tile cleaning services to clients in Australia. Call us now for more details!