Rugs can be tough to wash. It can take hours to dust, vacuum, scrub and dry. And the worst part is, you never really get a clean rug! When it comes to deep washing, it’s always better to hire a professional carpet cleaner. If you’re planning to hire a service provider, here are a few considerations.
Commercial or Residential?
Homeowners who want to hire professionals for personal rugs don’t really need a huge team of specialists. In most cases, a simple wash and dry will do. The situation differs when you’re hiring for a commercial space.
Businesses and offices – especially medium to large corporations – will need a team of cleaners to get the job done. The area is much bigger, which will require more manpower. These rugs tend to be dirtier because of the foot traffic as well.
Find a certified professional.
In Australia, this industry has no regulations. There are no cut-and-dry standards for these service providers. However, training is offered and highly encouraged by the government. If you’re planning to hire a professional, make sure they have a Certificate III in Carpet Cleaning Operations. This training program ensures that these technicians know how to:
- Communicate with the client and their teams
- Set client expectations
- Work with a group of people in a professional setting
- Apply their problem-solving skills to come up with practical solutions to everyday problems in the workplace
- Respond appropriately to safety concerns on the job
- Know how to brainstorm
- Learn to adapt to ever-changing work situations
- Work within guidelines to come up with dynamic solutions
- Organise and plan
- Use new types of equipment and technology safely
This is just a partial list of skills and attitudes the training imparts on their students. Whilst not mandatory for carpet cleaners, it’s a good certification to have.
Looking for a reliable carpet cleaner? Contact Dario’s Carpet Cleaning today.