Structural steel and fabrication is a step-by-step process that demands knowledge, experience and proper tools to be completed successfully. The process is aimed at creating structural steel shapes, such as steel beams, channel and plates. A chemical composition and mechanical processing standards are followed to come up with the specific shapes.
Here are the specific steps of the process:
- Ideation— This is the stage where you give your desired unique shape for the project. With the fabricators that provide custom structural steel shapes, you have the freedom to order any shape.
- Drawing Creation— After submitting your shape, the designer will decide the best blueprint to design with the help of specialised engineering software. It is a clever idea to review your designer’s blueprint to verify if it meets your required shape before the actual process.
- Blueprints Conversion— The designer will convert the design blueprint into shop drawings. This is a sign of completion of the order by stating the deadline and budget. These drawings usually help in bringing the blueprints to resourcefulness. If you like, carry along your blueprints to see if the designer can make something out of them.
- Cutting and Drilling of the Steel Beams— With the special tools and the needed skills, the designer cuts the beams according to project blueprints. With the correct blueprints, the automation of cutting and drilling is made easy.
- Piece Etching— Every individual part will undergo etching with a unique part number and location. This ensures that the final parts assembly will be fast, easy and accurate without further drilling or cutting.
- Component Assembly— After a successful structural steel and fabrication process, all the final beams and plates are easily assembled to complete the project. The fabrication experts ensure that all parts are present, well-functioning and match their order specification.
Modern structural steel and fabrication have been automated using engineering software, ensuring that the process is swift and fast as possible.