You need a carpet cleaner to remove dirt and stains. It can be tea spilt on the carpet or a footprint of your kid’s muddy foot after playing outside. There are many reasons why your carpet may look untidy and ugly. After incidents of staining, you need not run to the supermarket or home depot to buy expensive carpet cleaners. Instead, you can create a solution by yourself by using some ingredients that are available in the kitchen:
What you need:
• A teaspoon of baking soda
• A teaspoon of dishwashing liquid
• A cup of warm water
• A tablespoon of white vinegar
Other things you need:
• Clean absorbent towel
• Spray bottle
• Clean sponge
• On the spray bottle, add vinegar, dishwashing liquid and then top it with warm water. Pour the baking soda. Work on it on a sink, as the mixture of vinegar and baking soda creates carbon dioxide, resulting in bubbles. Cover the spray bottle as soon as possible to avoid spillage.
• Vacuum the area where you need to perform cleaning. Then, using the abrasive side of your sponge, wipe the stain gently.
• Spray your carpet cleaner directly on the affected area. Then, dab it using your towel. You should see results instantly.
• Continue the wiping and dabbing using the towel to make sure water is absorbed and the stain is removed.
• Repeat the entire process if needed.
Commercial carpet cleaning is not required all the time. You only need to hire a professional if there are stains that are too tough for you to remove by yourself. If this is the case, you can either contact professionals to do the work for you or you work it yourself using cleaning solutions. If you choose the latter, it is necessary that you take all necessary precautions like:
• Carefully following instructions on the label
• Wearing of safety gears like masks and gloves
• Storing the solution in a secure place, out of children’s reach
• Making sure the solution you use is compatible with your carpet’s fabric.
But if you are working and don’t have the luxury to clean carpet yourself, then contact carpet cleaning Perth. They have the right tools to perform the task swiftly!
Carpet cleaning is not an easy job—actually, it is complex. Different fabrics need different cleaning methods. You should never take chances, as one wrong step can bring disaster and permanent damage to your most loved and expensive carpet. To help you, we listed some tips you can follow when cleaning synthetic and natural fibre carpets:
Using a white cloth, dip it into these solutions and work on the stain. Solutions, like the ones below, should not be poured directly on the carpet.
- Vinegar solution—Mix two portions of water to a portion of white vinegar. Make sure that you stir it well before application.
- Detergent solution—Into a cup of lukewarm water, mix ¼ teaspoon of liquid dishwashing detergent. Once mixed, work on the stain immediately while water is not completely cooled.
- Solvent solution—You can use nail polish remover (gentle, non-acetone polish remover) as a substitute, but best if you have oil solvent.
When working on the solutions below (except for the solvent) prepare and place them in spray bottles and mist them directly yet lightly on the stain:
- Detergent solution—Mix a teaspoon of liquid translucent dishwashing soap, into a cup of lukewarm water. Mix the solution in the bottle. Mix well before using.
- Vinegar solution—Mix equal parts of water and white vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Ammonia solution—Mix a tablespoon of ammonia to a half cup of lukewarm water.
- Solvent solution—Instruction is same as ammonia, only that you cannot place it in a spray bottle. Apply the solution directly to the stain.
These are the basic workarounds you can do when removing stains from your synthetic and natural fibre carpets. Never force to remove stubborn stains as that can completely damage your carpet. If you are considering chemical solutions, make sure to follow instruction set by the manufacturer. If all DIY did not work, then your best solution is to call carpet cleaning professionals near you.
A mattress can get very dirty—it is on the receiving end of sweat, dead skin cells, dust mites, stains, and everything else. That’s why despite using pads and linens, cleaning it should be done on a regular basis. The steps below can help you with DIY mattress cleaning:
Step 1: Start with vacuum
After all the coverings have been removed, vacuum the entire surface. Vacuuming can get rid of all the dirt, dust, and pet hair.
Step 2: Spot clean
The right solution and process to use will be dependent on the type of stain to remove. Below are few solutions and processes you can use:
- Remove stains using a combination of liquid dish soap, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. In a spray bottle, mix the three ingredients together and spray it directly on the stained area. Rub or blot the stain using a clean rug.
- Use natural enzyme and non-toxic cleaners, which can chemically break down odours and stains.
- Make a paste of salt and lemon juice. Apply the paste to the stain and leave it for an hour. Prepare a clean white cloth to wipe off the salt.
Step 3: Deodorise
Sprinkle baking soda on the entire surface. Leave it for a while (at least two hours or longer if possible). The baking soda will absorb all the liquid coming from the stain removal process. This is a good way to leave your mattress smelling clean and fresh. Vacuum the entire area to remove the powder.
Step 4: Air out
The best thing for a mattress is UV sunlight and fresh air. Unfortunately, not everyone can pull their mattress down your garage or bring it up the rooftop. If you can, do not hesitate to do it. The very least you can do it is to open your doors and windows wide to allow fresh air and little sunlight to come in the room.
Step 5: Protect and cover
Invest in mattress covers as this is the best line of defence of the mattress from stains and dirt. Throwing the covers straight to the washing machine is easier than removing stains directly on the mattress.
Cleaning the mattress is easy if you follow these steps. However, for best results, contact mattress cleaning Pattaya to do the job for you.
Is it the end of your lease? If the answer to that question is yes, you must make sure you get your bond back. You deposited a lot of money at the beginning of the leasing contract so it would hurt if you don’t get it back. You don’t have to worry because the only way you won’t get it back is if the landlord finds a reason to not return it to you.
However, if the landlord sees your unit is a mess, he’ll say he needs to use your bond to clean up the mess. It’s not a favourable situation for you so it would be better if you hire an end of lease cleaner. Before hiring one, ask these questions:
What materials do you use?
They must use the latest equipment to clean your unit so they won’t take long. If they use outdated equipment, they might take several hours before they finish.
How long will you take?
If you need to make several appointments on the day they’ll arrive, you’ll need to know how long they’ll clean the unit. The last thing you’d want to happen is to wait several hours for them to finish.
How much are the rates?
They must give you a fixed rate before doing the task. You must clarify about this right away to avoid paying hidden charges.
For an end of lease cleaner that will guarantee your bond back, hire Sydney Best Bond Cleaning. They’re a locally owned company that offers the best price in the market. In fact, if you find a lower price somewhere else, you can show it to them and they’ll beat the price.
They even offer a lot of services including window cleaning, carpet cleaning, and rubbish removal. All their cleaners are highly trained with a minimum of 5 years in the industry. To get an obligation-free quote, you just need to input a few details in their website’s contact form.